Convert printed documents and graphic based text into electronic format on your PC. OpenBook and the PEARL document camera create a complete scanning and reading system for work, home, and school.
Please note, this software will not function on any device powered by an ARM processor. Please check your hardware specification before purchasing either this software or a new computer.
Making Graphics-based Text Accessible to the Visually Impaired.
This user-friendly program converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electronic format on your PC, using quality speech and the latest in optical character recognition (OCR) technology.
OpenBook utilizes both Nuance OmniPage® and ABBYY FineReader® OCR engines to bring you the most accurate text recognition available. You also can choose between two leading text-to-speech software synthesizers: RealSpeak® Solo (natural, human-sounding voices) or Eloquence (efficient synthesized speech that often is preferred for editing and document skimming).
Customize Your Viewing.
With so many low vision features, you can tailor the appearance of text on your screen (font style, size, character spacing, and colour), view with split-screen and compare your original document and OCR conversion results, use Masking and Word Spotlighting to help you follow text as it is read, and more.
OpenBook with PEARL - a Truly Portable Reading Solution.
The PEARL® expands the features of OpenBook to provide lightning fast OCR. With OpenBook, the PEARL folding camera deploys in seconds to connect to your PC. You can instantaneously snap a picture of your reading material and be reading in seconds. (See Related Products for our PEARL and OpenBook package).
Mark Up Your Documents.
Use the Highlight feature to mark important passages of a document for later reference and to quickly navigate within your document. You also can insert comments in a document and have those comments remain hidden or be announced during document review. You can even export Highlights and Comments to new documents.
Reformat Text for Easier Reading.
Once your page has been captured, you have multiple options for viewing the information. You can display the text so that it wraps on the screen, enlarge the font, change the font style, and change the foreground and background colours. Have the individual words spotlighted as they are spoken.
Lightning Fast Page Acquisition - and No Page Scan Mistakes
OpenBook captures up to 20 pages per minute. Its built-in motion detection prevents snapping a picture until a page is turned and is perfectly still.
Maximize Your Productivity
Launch Manager lets you easily export OpenBook documents to other applications like Microsoft ® Word or Notepad, so you can share with others.
- Support for Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10
- Convert printed text to natural, human-like speech in many languages
- Powerful optical character recognition provides editable text
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Powerful low vision features tailor the appearance of text on the screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colours
- Lightning-fast OCR with the PEARL document camera
- Automatic page capture for efficient document acquisition
- Versatile document navigation and management tools maximize your productivity
Business and Classroom Features
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books and other materials from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Add comments and highlighting for increased productivity
- Emboss Braille documents directly from OpenBook
- Export to other applications like Microsoft® Word®
- Common key commands with JAWS® and MAGic®
- Built-in photocopy functionality
Download a trial version
For more information select here.