One of the most common questions we are asked is “what financial assistance/funding options are available to a person living with low vision, blindness or a learning disability?”
Accessing benefits and funding for a person living with a vision impairment or a learning disability can sometimes be complex, may be time consuming and will vary from person to person.
The funding options* available to a person living with low vision, blindness or a learning disability to purchase through Quantum are:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
- My Aged Care (MAC) & Home Care Packages
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA)
There is more detail about funding and support below.
Why should I choose Quantum?
Quantum is a leading assistive technology provider for people living with low vision, blindness and learning disabilities.
We are an approved NDIS & Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) registered provider. We work closely with Aged Care Services for Home Care Packages, Job Access and other agencies to access the right technology solutions with training packages available to support your success.
Our specialist consultants understand the challenges facing our clients living with low vision blindness or a learning disability. They asses the individual to ensure the best, safest quality assistive technology solution is found.
With over 30 years of experience in the Assistive Technology sector, our staff are committed to supporting you to access and trial the equipment, through our assessment consultation, available training packages and on-going after sales support.
Understanding Funding Options
Funding options for blind and low vision customers can be complex and quite daunting. While self-funding is the easiest option, for many people this isn’t an option.
Funding can be dependent on personal circumstances which can include being means tested.
Whatever your individual circumstance, Quantum RLV will ensure that you have the best chance of funding for which you are eligible, and we will work with you / your health care practitioner to find the best assistive technology outcome for you.
- National/Federal Government general funding:
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) <65 years of age.
- My Aged Care (MAC) >65 years of age.
- National equipment funding:
- Telstra Disability Equipment Program (must be a Telstra customer)
- State-based equipment funding:
Northern Territory: Territory Equipment Program
All States and Territories:
- Tax deductions and private health insurance rebates (check with your own insurer)
- National mobility benefits and entitlements:
- National Companion Card Scheme – enables eligible people with lifelong disability to participate at venues and activities without incurring the cost of a second ticket for their companion. Available most states at participating venues/events.
- State-based mobility benefits:
- Vision Impaired Travel Pass (NSW, QLD, VIC)
- NSW - Transport for NSW on 131 500
- Queensland - Vision Impairment Travel Pass Hotline on 13 12 30
- Victoria – Public Transport Victoria Hub on 1800 800 007
- Access travel pass (VIC) call 1800 800 007
- Taxi & Uber subsidy schemes
ACT Taxi Subsidy Scheme
PH: (02) 6207 0028 - Select Option 5, Sub Option 1 - Taxi Subsidy Scheme
NSW Taxi Transport Subsidy Scheme
PH: 13 77 88
Queensland Taxi Subsidy Scheme
PH: 1300 134 755
Victorian Taxi Directorate
PH: 1800 638 802
*Eligibility & application requirements will apply and Quantum has no control over application decisions