- Product Overview
Duxbury Braille Translation software enables you to create highly accurate braille documents from your word processor, from your scanner, or from the internet.
Duxbury Braille Translator (DBT) provides translations of text from print to braille and from braille to print.
- Runs on Mac
- Built-in interline printing to have ink-braille and print together.
- Math/Science Code and Computer Braille translation for American, British, and French Braille.
- Intermediate levels (between grades 1 and 2) for American and British braille.
- The ability to include tactile graphics files for mixed text-and-graphic documents imports from popular word processors.
- Localized into English, French, Spanish, German, Danish, Italian, Russian, and others. Translators support over 170 languages.
- DBT allows languages other than the principal language to be embedded in the same file and treated as appropriate for the context.
- Bidirectional (print-to-braille and braille-to-print) translation American textbook layout.
- Ability to switch between views A "translated line" showing the "other" form in either print or braille files Six-key chording for braille and print entry, not timing-based, compatible with most keyboards.
- Help screens throughout the program.
- More than 100 formatting & translation codes.
- A library of user-configurable styles.
- A user-extendable template library.
- A spell-checker with a 300,000-word dictionary.
- A "Quick Find Misspelling" feature.
- Choice of single-user, site & other licenses Unlimited technical support by telephone, email, fax, etc.
- An Internet user forum to communicate with other Duxbury users.
- Supports all commercial braille embossers.
- Accurate contracted braille formatted the way the user wants.
- Math translation available for Nemeth, BAUK, UEBC, and French Braille.