- Product Overview
Combines fast text-to-speech and a choice of high quality natural-sounding voices, all in an attractive modern design.
For anyone struggling to read with magnifiers, including those with advanced macular degeneration, glaucoma, stroke, or those who are totally blind. Particularly well suited to older people that want a simple kitchen radio-style device to listen to their paperwork, books, packaging and other printed materials
The award-winning ClearReader provides fast text-to-speech with a choice of voices, easy to locate buttons and high quality speakers.
Simply plug-in, switch-on, scan your printed reading material and start listening in an instant.
The ClearReader is mains-powered, but if you need a totally portable version, the ClearReader+ has a built-in battery.
Designed for everyday living
Imagine being able to listen to any kind of printed material within a matter of seconds, and all at the press of a button. With the ClearReader, accessing printed documents such as magazines, newspapers, books or correspondence has never been easier. You can also check ingredients on food packaging, medical scripts, CD covers, and small-print business cards.
Use anytime around the house or work.
Using the convenient in-built handle, the ClearReader can be used anywhere there is a powerpoint - at home, at school or at work, making it ideal for reading a recipe in the kitchen, a book in the library, or reviewing bills at your desk.
The ClearReader is easily adjusted to play back at a more comfortable reading speed and volume. You can also connect a set of headphones and listen discreetly.
ClearReader key benefits:
- One button press and begin listening in a few seconds
- Intuitive operation - simple controls for play, pause, forward, back, reading speed and voice selection
- Spell out loud function (useful for telephone numbers)
- Light, compact and easy to carry with a built-in carrying handle
- Built-in high quality stereo sound speakers
- Integrated flash lighting for reading in places with low light
- High quality text recognition - in 31 languages
- Select up to 4 voices including Australian and UK English voices, male and female
- Headphone connector - connect a headset and listen discreetly
- Mains power only (no battery) so lighter than ClearReader+
- Automatically recognises columns, and can also read tables
Add an optional Feature Pack for a host of extra features or a carry case for easy transport and storage.