Index Basic-D V5 Embosser
Basic-D is one of few portable Braille embossers. Its light-weight, compact design and competitive price makes it truly unique.
There are many funding options available for most of our products, including NDIS, JobAccess, MyAgedCare, Enable and some health insurance funds. Complete the following form and our Low Vision Consultant will call you back to discuss further.
Book Your Demo Today
Let us assess your situation and provide advice on the best solution for you.
Basic-D V5 is a small, powerful, portable Braille printer. Its extraordinary performances and competitive price has made Basic-D the most sought after Braille printer in the world. It uses fan-folded paper which is the most commonly used paper style for Braille embossers. Basic-D is stable and capable of continuous embosser.
Double-sided high quality Braille.
Interpoint Braille - Braille printed on both sides of the paper - is an Index Braille trademark. Basic-D V5 produces double-sided Braille in which achieves all Braille reading demands, in addition to international standards. The dots are easy to read and do not wear with age. The reliable dot forming technology compatible in the Basic-D is better for the environment and saves you money.
An even better Basic- D.
Though the physical appearance has not changed, the Basic-D V5 has been updated to include all the latest Braille techniques and compatibility with mainstream technology. Learn more
Region defined layouts.
Select and save region specific layouts or operate using 1-9 layout options including user defined. Learn more
Horizontal & Vertical Braille printing.
Emboss Braille horizontally or vertically (sideways) on the page using the Basic-D V5 Braille embosser. Learn more
Height: 13 cm (5.12 in)
Width: 52 cm (20.47 in)
Depth: 26 cm (10.24 in)
Net volume: 17.58 dm3 (0.62 ft3)
Net weight: 7.6 kg (16.72 lbs)
Noise level: 80 dB(A)
Noise level with acoustic protection: 60 dB(A)
Warranty: 2 years
Embossing speed cps: 100 cps
Vertical printing (newspaper): Yes
Braille font: 2.2, 2.5, 3.2 mm
Tactile resolution: 100 dpi
Forming method: 13 hammers/anvils
Single sheet feeder: No
Paper roll: No
Paper weight: 120-180 g/m2 (80-110 lbs)
Paper width: 5-13 in
Paper length: 1-17 in
Paper formats: Adjustable
User interface: Braille and ink labelled panel with multilingual speech feedback
Serial port: Yes
Firmware upgrade: Via internet always free of charge
LED feedback: 3 LED on front panel and 4 on back side
Printer drivers: Windows 32/64
Voltage: 100-240 V AC
Power max: 140 W
Power stand by: 5 W
Eco power down: 0.05 W
- The 30 day money back guaranteed *
- Free Tech support *
* Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.
* Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
* Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
* Free Tech support will be provided free of charge within the warranty period of the product.
If you receive your goods and you find that it is not suitable for your needs you must inform our Customer Support Team on 1300 883 853 of your intention to return the goods.
Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.****
Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
- *Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
- *We charge a re-stocking fee of 10% or more for returned goods.
- *We do not cover the cost of postage, handling or collection.
- *Items that are purchased via a funded sale (DVA, NDIS, MACetc) cannot be returned unless faulty.
A valid receipt is either the original Tax Invoice issued with the product or the Order Confirmation Email.
Service and Repair Information
Quantum RLV offers service and repair of its hardware products.
What you need to do in the event of product failure:
- Please call Quantum RLV on 1300 883 853 or email us on email@example.com
- Return the product to us at your expense. ClearViews may be handled onsite at no cost (please ask Customer Service staff)
- Record the a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number that our staff will give you and put this on the package/product
What we will do in the event of a product failure:
- Record the details of your call on our system and give you a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number for tracking purposes
- We will endeavour to repair or replace ClearView onsite
- Email or call you when we receive the faulty product
- Email or call you when the fault has been analysed and solution determined (within 5 - 7 business days)
- Repair or replace the faulty product at our discretion
- Email or call you when product ready for shipping with delivery details
To check the status of your repair, call us on 1300 883 853.
Call our dedicated Software Support Hotline on 1300 791 777, if you are having trouble with your Software.
Write Your Own Review