The Future of Notetakers – Portable Windows® 10 with JAWS® and Braille. The ElBraille is the newest portable solution for the blind and the logical next step in notetaker development. It uses JAWS to provide speech and braille output and the JAWS’ BrailleIn feature to allow complete control of ElBraille from the Perkins-style, braille keyboard.
Use your existing Focus 40 Blue 5th generation Braille display and your existing JAWS or ZoomText Fusion license. (JAWS/ ZoomText Fusion and Braille display sold separately.)
The ElBraille is a portable device designed for users who are blind or deaf-blind, own a Focus 40, and want to stay connected at school, work, or home as well as on the go.This take anywhere replacement for the dedicated notetaker, ElBraille combines the flexibility of a modern mainstream computer running the Windows® 10 operating system with JAWS® and a 40-cell Braille display with a full Braille keyboard to offer a fully accessible compact solution. (JAWS/ZoomText Fusion and Braille display sold separately.)
ElBraille 40 V combines the flexibility of a modern mainstream computer running the Windows® 10 operating system with JAWS® and a 40-cell Braille display with a full Braille keyboard to offer a fully accessible compact solution.
Students and professionals alike will appreciate being able to run any Windows application such as Microsoft Word®, Excel®, PowerPoint®, or Outlook®. Use FSReader to read DAISY books from sources such as Bookshare.org or browse the internet with Microsoft Internet Explorer®, Google Chrome® or Mozilla® Firefox.
Use your existing Focus 40 Blue 5th generation Braille display and your existing JAWS/ZT Fusion license:
If you already own a Focus 40 Blue 5th Generation Braille Display, use it with your new ElBraille 40. Your Focus 40 Blue 5th generation Braille Display will dock directly to your ElBraille 40. Also, if you own a current JAWS License, you can authorize it to work on your ElBraille 40.
Easy set up and troubleshooting by your IT staff – just plug in a monitor and a keyboard.
Key features include:
- Runs Microsoft Windows 10
- Braille display: Focus 40 Blue 5th generation Braille Display docks securely to the ElBraille
- Processor: 7th generation Intel® Core™ i5-7Y57 Processor with vPro technology
- 128 GB SSD hard drive
- 8 GB RAM
- 2 stereo speakers
- Built-in Microphone
- An additional system speaker with sound and vibration feedback
- Wireless WLAN802.11 A/B/G/N/AC networks support (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth V4.2
- A built-in 4G LTE modem for cellular connectivity supporting AT&T compatible systems
- 1/8″ (3.5 mm) headphone jack
- Memory card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 2TB
- Ports: 2 USB 3.0, USB-C, HDMI, and SIM card slot
- Rechargeable 21,500 mAh battery (Approximately 15 hours on battery)
- ElBraille 40 V dimensions: 14.6×5.2×1.5 in. (370x132x39 mm)
- ElBraille 40 V weight: approximately 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) including Braille Display