PEARL with OpenBook Package
The PEARL camera with Open Book software package gives blind and vision impaired users instant access to printed material.
There are many funding options available for most of our products, including NDIS, JobAccess, MyAgedCare, Enable and some health insurance funds. Complete the following form and our Low Vision Consultant will call you back to discuss further.
Book Your Demo Today
Let us assess your situation and provide advice on the best solution for you.
Making Graphics-based Text Accessible to the Visually Impaired.
The PEARL brings blind and low vision users instant portable access to printed material with an array of human-sounding voices. Combined with OpenBook, this user-friendly software program converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electonic format on your PC, using quality speech and the latest in optical character recognition (OCR) technology.
OpenBook utilizes both Nuance OmniPage® and ABBYY FineReader® OCR engines to bring you the most accurate text recognition available. You also can choose between two leading text-to-speech software synthesizers: RealSpeak® Solo (natural, human-sounding voices) or Eloquence (efficient synthesized speech that often is preferred for editing and document skimming).
Lightning Fast OCR
The PEARL folding camera deploys in seconds to connect to your PC and snap a picture of your reading material. Press a keystroke to snap a picture, and hear your book read back to you with Eloquence or one of the human-sounding voices from RealSpeak Solo Direct®. You control the reading rate and voice.
With lightning fast page acquisition and no page scan mistakes, OpenBook captures up to 20 pages per minute. Its built-in motion detection prevents snapping a picture until a page is turned and is perfectly still.
Automatic Page Capture
In automatic mode, the PEARL senses motion, so it knows to snap an image whenever you turn a page. Place your paperback novel sideways, and the PEARL will snap two pages at a time and maintain the pagination. For larger books, you can capture even pages first, and then flip the book over to capture the odd pages. You can keep turning pages and capturing images while OpenBook reads to you.
Read All Kinds of Documents
Use the PEARL to read books, magazines, and bills. OpenBook identifies columns and places them inlogical reading order. Change the language setting to read foreign language documents with native speaker voices.
Reformat Text for Easier Reading
Once your page has been captured, you have multiple options for viewing the information. You can display the text so that it wraps on the screen, enlarge the font, change the font style, and change the foreground and background colors. Have the individual words spotlighted as they are spoken.
Customize Your Viewing.
With so many low vision features, you can tailor the appearance of text on your screen (font style, size, character spacing, and color), view with split-screen and compare your original document and OCR conversion results, use Masking and Word Spotlighting to help you follow text as it is read, and more.
Mark Up Your Documents.
Use the Highlight feature to mark important passages of a document for later reference and to quickly navigate within your document. You also can insert comments in a document and have those comments remain hidden or be announced during document review. You can even export Highlights and Comments to new documents.
Maximize Your Productivity
Launch Manager lets you easily export OpenBook documents to other applications like Microsoft ® Word or Notepad, so you can share with others.
Use as a Video Magnifier
Use the PEARL to show a live video image on your PC to fill out forms. Snap a picture to show the enlarged image on your PC, and navigate with the virtual XY table from the keyboard. The PEARL works in most room lighting. If the room is dark, simply turn on the built-in LED lighting.
Take It with You Anywhere
The PEARL is the ultimate in portable scanning and reading. It sets up in seconds to provide a stable platform for the camera with alignment features to ensure you capture a good image every time. It runs off a single USB port – no battery or external power supply required. When you are ready to move on, the PEARL folds up
into a compact 14”x 3”x 2 1/8” package and zips into its protective neoprene case. Carry it by its shoulder strap or slip it into your briefcase or backpack.
Requirements for PEARL camera:
- USB 2.0
- 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server® 2008 systems
OCR speed is dependent on PC processor
PEARL camera dimensions: Folded down 14”x 3”x 2 1/8”
PEARL camera case: Protective neoprene case (included)
OpenBook 9 supports All 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server® 2008
- The 30 day money back guaranteed *
- Free Tech support *
* Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.
* Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
* Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
* Free Tech support will be provided free of charge within the warranty period of the product.
If you receive your goods and you find that it is not suitable for your needs you must inform our Customer Support Team on 1300 883 853 of your intention to return the goods.
Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.****
Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
- *Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
- *We charge a re-stocking fee of 10% or more for returned goods.
- *We do not cover the cost of postage, handling or collection.
- *Items that are purchased via a funded sale (DVA, NDIS, MACetc) cannot be returned unless faulty.
A valid receipt is either the original Tax Invoice issued with the product or the Order Confirmation Email.
Service and Repair Information
Quantum RLV offers service and repair of its hardware products.
What you need to do in the event of product failure:
- Please call Quantum RLV on 1300 883 853 or email us on email@example.com
- Return the product to us at your expense. ClearViews may be handled onsite at no cost (please ask Customer Service staff)
- Record the a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number that our staff will give you and put this on the package/product
What we will do in the event of a product failure:
- Record the details of your call on our system and give you a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number for tracking purposes
- We will endeavour to repair or replace ClearView onsite
- Email or call you when we receive the faulty product
- Email or call you when the fault has been analysed and solution determined (within 5 - 7 business days)
- Repair or replace the faulty product at our discretion
- Email or call you when product ready for shipping with delivery details
To check the status of your repair, call us on 1300 883 853.
Call our dedicated Software Support Hotline on 1300 791 777, if you are having trouble with your Software.