Open Book Scanning and Reading Software
Convert printed documents and graphic based text into electronic format on your PC. OpenBook and the PEARL document camera create a complete scanning and reading system for work, home, and school.
There are many funding options available for most of our products, including NDIS, JobAccess, MyAgedCare, Enable and some health insurance funds. Complete the following form and our Low Vision Consultant will call you back to discuss further.
Book Your Demo Today
Let us assess your situation and provide advice on the best solution for you.
Making Graphics-based Text Accessible to the Visually Impaired.
This user-friendly program converts printed documents or graphic-based text into an electonic format on your PC, using quality speech and the latest in optical character recognition (OCR) technology.
OpenBook utilizes both Nuance OmniPage® and ABBYY FineReader® OCR engines to bring you the most accurate text recognition available. You also can choose between two leading text-to-speech software synthesizers: RealSpeak® Solo (natural, human-sounding voices) or Eloquence (efficient synthesized speech that often is preferred for editing and document skimming).
Customize Your Viewing.
With so many low vision features, you can tailor the appearance of text on your screen (font style, size, character spacing, and color), view with split-screen and compare your original document and OCR conversion results, use Masking and Word Spotlighting to help you follow text as it is read, and more.
OpenBook with PEARL - a Truly Portable Reading Solution.
The PEARL® expands the features of OpenBook to provide lightning fast OCR. With OpenBook, the PEARL folding camera deploys in seconds to connect to your PC. You can instantaneously snap a picture of your reading material and be reading in seconds. (See Related Products for our PEARL and OpenBook package).
Mark Up Your Documents.
Use the Highlight feature to mark important passages of a document for later reference and to quickly navigate within your document. You also can insert comments in a document and have those comments remain hidden or be announced during document review. You can even export Highlights and Comments to new documents.
Reformat Text for Easier Reading.
Once your page has been captured, you have multiple options for viewing the information. You can display the text so that it wraps on the screen, enlarge the font, change the font style, and change the foreground and background colors. Have the individual words spotlighted as they are spoken.
Lightning Fast Page Acquisition - and No Page Scan Mistakes
OpenBook captures up to 20 pages per minute. Its built-in motion detection prevents snapping a picture until a page is turned and is perfectly still.
Maximize Your Productivity
Launch Manager lets you easily export OpenBook documents to other applications like Microsoft ® Word or Notepad, so you can share with others.
- Support for Windows® 8.1 and Windows 10
- Convert printed text to natural, human-like speech in many languages
- Powerful optical character recognition provides editable text
- Scan bound books and maintain pagination
- Powerful low vision features tailor the appearance of text on the screen, including font style, size, character spacing, and colors
- Lightning-fast OCR with the PEARL document camera
- Automatic page capture for efficient document acquisition
- Versatile document navigation and management tools maximize your productivity
Business and Classroom Features
- Enhanced ability to search for and download books and other materials from the Internet
- Full support for listening to DAISY and other audio files
- Add comments and highlighting for increased productivity
- Emboss Braille documents directly from OpenBook
- Export to other applications like Microsoft® Word®
- Common key commands with JAWS® and MAGic®
- Built-in photocopy functionality
Operating System: OpenBook supports 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows® 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Server® 2008
Processor speed: 500 MHz Intel® Pentium® or faster
Memory (RAM): 256 MB (512 MB recommended)
Required hard disk space: 1.2 GB (on the drive containing the Program Files and Windows folders)
Video: 256 color graphics
Sound: Windows compatible sound card
Keyboard: 104 key keyboard
Acquisition device: A TWAIN or WIA-compatible flatbed scanner or a Freedom Scientific camera
If you receive your goods and you find that it is not suitable for your needs you must inform our Customer Support Team on 1300 883 853 of your intention to return the goods.
Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.****
Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
- *Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
- *We charge a re-stocking fee of 10% or more for returned goods.
- *We do not cover the cost of postage, handling or collection.
- *Items that are purchased via a funded sale (DVA, NDIS, MACetc) cannot be returned unless faulty.
A valid receipt is either the original Tax Invoice issued with the product or the Order Confirmation Email.
Service and Repair Information
Quantum RLV offers service and repair of its hardware products.
What you need to do in the event of product failure:
- Please call Quantum RLV on 1300 883 853 or email us on email@example.com
- Return the product to us at your expense. ClearViews may be handled onsite at no cost (please ask Customer Service staff)
- Record the a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number that our staff will give you and put this on the package/product
What we will do in the event of a product failure:
- Record the details of your call on our system and give you a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number for tracking purposes
- We will endeavour to repair or replace ClearView onsite
- Email or call you when we receive the faulty product
- Email or call you when the fault has been analysed and solution determined (within 5 - 7 business days)
- Repair or replace the faulty product at our discretion
- Email or call you when product ready for shipping with delivery details
To check the status of your repair, call us on 1300 883 853.
Call our dedicated Software Support Hotline on 1300 791 777, if you are having trouble with your Software.