Purchase Konnekt videophone by 25th June
$1,000 Australian Government funding for senior Australians who are vulnerable
Do you have a family member who
- Has low vision?
- Lives alone (or with family who could not help if an incident occurred?
- Has limited or no family/friends to provide routine check-ins or support?
The health and safety of senior Australians is at risk during the COVID crisis. With fewer personal visits, remote monitoring has never been more important.
Konnekt Videophone and Captioning Videophone both enable trusted family and carers that you nominate to check-in, visually.
- Family can check-in at agreed times.
- Seniors can call for assistance with the touch of a button.
- During an incident, 2-way video lets carers assess and provide comfort.
When your loved one fails to answer your call, do you worry?
- Videophone can automatically answer nominated callers.
- Unlike a webcam, it’s not intrusive: Calls can be declined
If you have a relative or client who may be at risk, Konnekt has the solution.
Order before June 25 2020 and we’ll help you with your application for $1,000 funding towards purchase of Konnekt Videophone or Captioning Videophone.
If you miss the deadline or you are ineligible, don’t worry: Vulnerable Australians can apply for CHSP to receive $500 towards purchase, rental, or a 30-day trial.
Link to PDF: Personal monitoring technology for senior Australians details
- One Press Connect. Nothing to remember.
- 15-inch Resistive Touchscreen. Large, easy to see and press.
- 6-inch (15cm) Buttons. Huge text, easy to hit.
- Twin loud Speakers. Easy to hear
- Auto Answer. Check-in visually.
- Personalised by us. Zero Configuration. Always on.
- Unlimited Calls. Calls regular phones, too.
- Backup Numbers, group calls, photos and more.
- Accessibility Options for poor vision
For more information: quantumrlv.com.au/konnekt-videophone