- This event has passed.
Round Table Conference – Free Technology Exhibition
May 5 @ 8:00 am - May 7 @ 5:00 pm
“The Changing Landscape for Accessible Information”
Information access is important to all persons with print disabilities (including, but not limited to, people with vision impairment) and has many dimensions, including format (braille, large print, E-text, etc.), facilities (libraries, agencies, educational institutions, government bodies) and modes of access (mobile touch devices, laptop, refreshable braille). The 2019 Conference will explore the ever-expanding opportunities presented to people with print disabilities for information access and creation, communication and learning.
This conference provides three full days of technical research, presentations and practical workshops on issues related to accessibility. There are also many opportunities for networking and socialising with key speakers, presenters and attendees.
The Australian Braille Authority (ABA) Annual Meeting will be held on Saturday and the Round Table AGM on Sunday.
Don’t miss Keynote speakers:
- Jarek Beksa, Smart speakers and voice technologies – removing barriers for people with disabilities.
- Professor Elizabeth Kendall, Little things can make a big difference.
- Yuma Decaux, – The Universe is the limit – multi-dimensional access to science.
Also includes feature speakers:
- Matthew Butler, Partnering for Progress: Investigating the use of 3D Printing for Accessibility.
- Jane Curry and Nick Gleeson, In the Mind’s Eye – Inclusive Publishing.
- Bruce Maguire, Online, but Offtrack: Barriers to Online Learning Experienced by University Students who are blind or have low vision.
- Emily White, Out of the box(es) and into the 21st century: Digital literacy and human rights for our most disenfranchised students.