Mountbatten Braille Whisperer with Bluetooth
Mountbatten Braille Whisperer is built to be much quieter than a standard Brailler, and includes Bluetooth for interface with an app available for iOS, Android and Mac. The app allows for real-time print-to-Braille and Braille-to-print translation so students and teachers can interact effectively.
There are many funding options available for most of our products, including NDIS, JobAccess, MyAgedCare, Enable and some health insurance funds. Complete the following form and our Low Vision Consultant will call you back to discuss further.
Book Your Demo Today
Let us assess your situation and provide advice on the best solution for you.
A long awaited Mountbatten Braille Whisperer has arrived. The quietest and most comprehensive Braille learning device, the Mountbatten Bluetooth Smart Brailler is changed outside and inside. A new more efficient, faster and 70% quieter embossing mechanism will help students increase their Braille skills even more.
The MB Learning System has been designed for children who need Braille. It is a fun and inclusive introduction to Braille literacy and provides a solid foundation for a lifetime of learning. Extensive research and development has resulted in a design suitable for the very first stages of Braille instruction through to high school and beyond.
Teachers and peers will have no reasons to complain about the noise. They will in fact enjoy having a Mountbatten in their classes because now more than ever before all participants can easily read and write in either print or Braille.
Those that have seen it were wowed by its power and features, including an improved battery that will hold charge four times as long.
- As a simple tool it can be used to develop awareness of Braille symbols and characters.
- An easy correct and erase function means children are more willing to write their ideas.
- Audio response reinforces learning and tells what commands are being entered.
- With the addition of a Mimic, teacher supervision becomes easy and continuous.
- Connect a PC keyboard to enable sighted teachers, peers and family to write in Braille.
- Braille-to-print as well as print-to-Braille translation available.
- It can be used as a graphics embosser encouraging the development of tactual skills.
- Connect the Mountbatten to a PC and send files back and forward.
Literacy through Braille opensup the world of communication and expression - essential for living successfully. Braille fulfils needs that cannot be addressed by verbal and audio methods.
- Uses a limited command set to facilitate the introduction of the Mountbatten to new students. All key presses are spoken and the command key is enabled.
- Enables students to use all features of the Mountbatten once they have learned the basics of Braille in Learn Mode.
- All keys have been arranged ergonomically to fit fingers comfortably.
- Texture, shape and colour support identification.
- A light touch response enables ease of use and hours of brailling.
- Simple correction and erasing function.
- Can be set in one-handed mode if required.
- Turns the Mountbatten ON and OFF.
- A practical way of resetting the Mountbatten.
MB Learning System Connectivity:
MB COMM - Free software for the PC to transfer files between the MB Learning System and the PC
MIMIC LCD Display [Optional] (See Related Products)
Blootooth enabled to communicate with iOS devices
- 20 character by 4 line LCD display that allows easy supervision of the student by sighted teachers
- Connects to the allocated Mimic Serial port
- Stores up to 32 pages of Braille as text, enabling review of work in progress or to check back over previous work
- Battery operated and portable
Connect a keyboard [Optional]
Connects using standard PS2 keyboard connector.
Connect a PC keyboard, type text and produce Braille, and hear it supported by audio response.
Supports PC keyboard skills training.
Useful to involve peers and classmates in Braille writing.
Ideal teacher tool for preparing Braille materials for the classroom.
- Connect using the Parallel Out
- Print text documents as they are being brailled, or send a file already stored in the memory of the Mountbatten directly to the text printer.
- Audio response indicates default settings on start-up, speaks commands and individual letters.
- Speech feedback enhances the learning process.
- Connect via socket using standard headphone jack.
- Listen to the voice response and allow for individual learning.
- Braille Writing
- Electronic Braille writer/ Embosser
- Correcting and Erasing
- Variety of paper types can be used
- Ergonomically designed keyboard
- Page formatting
- Writing to memory
- Graphics mode
- One-handed mode.
- Translation from Braille to print
- Translation from print to Braille
- Braille Exception Tables.
- Digitised speech
- Assignable function key
- Synthetic speech
- Note-taker (including editing)
- File transfer to and from PC.
- Links music and Braille by using three available music Braille modes
- Simple fun mode giving play opportunities with peers and sibling
- 'Play' mode for brailling music notes and listening
- Braille music 'editor' mode for more advanced musicians
- Countdown timer
- Date and time
Mountbatten Learning System comes complete with all cables, battery pack and power cord, USB connection, Demo of Monty software and copy of MBComm.
Battery and mains-powered.
Memory size (kilobytes) - 400
Memory size (Braille pages) 600
Connections: Mimic text display, PC keyboard, headphones, text printer, PC connectivity, network facility and USB., Bluetooth Smart.
Dimensions: 12cm x 24cm x 45cm (4.5" x 9.44" x 17.7")
Weight: 4.7 kgs (10.3 lbs)
Paper: Standard photocopy paper recommended (80gsm). Can also emboss regular braille paper.
Languages: Available in foreign languages and braille codes.
- The 30 day money back guaranteed *
- Free Tech support *
* Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.
* Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
* Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
* Free Tech support will be provided free of charge within the warranty period of the product.
- Two-Year Warranty
For more information please see our Returns & Warranty Policy.
If you receive your goods and you find that it is not suitable for your needs you must inform our Customer Support Team on 1300 883 853 of your intention to return the goods.
Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.****
Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
- *Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
- *We charge a re-stocking fee of 10% or more for returned goods.
- *We do not cover the cost of postage, handling or collection.
- *Items that are purchased via a funded sale (DVA, NDIS, MACetc) cannot be returned unless faulty.
A valid receipt is either the original Tax Invoice issued with the product or the Order Confirmation Email.
Service and Repair Information
Quantum RLV offers service and repair of its hardware products.
What you need to do in the event of product failure:
- Please call Quantum RLV on 1300 883 853 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return the product to us at your expense. ClearViews may be handled onsite at no cost (please ask Customer Service staff)
- Record the a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number that our staff will give you and put this on the package/product
What we will do in the event of a product failure:
- Record the details of your call on our system and give you a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number for tracking purposes
- We will endeavour to repair or replace ClearView onsite
- Email or call you when we receive the faulty product
- Email or call you when the fault has been analysed and solution determined (within 5 - 7 business days)
- Repair or replace the faulty product at our discretion
- Email or call you when product ready for shipping with delivery details
To check the status of your repair, call us on 1300 883 853.
Call our dedicated Software Support Hotline on 1300 791 777, if you are having trouble with your Software.
Write Your Own Review