ElBraille/Focus 14 Notetaker complete with Jaws Professional
Introducing the ElBraille Windows 10 Notetaker! The notetaker everyone's been waiting for!
ElBraille is a portable device designed for users who are blind or deaf-blind and want to stay connected at school, at workplace or home as well as on the go.
Combining a Focus 14 Braille display with braille keyboard , a Windows 10 computer with JAWS, the ElBraille is a compact braille computer for the 21st century.
Please note: JAWS for Windows Professional single licence is included.
There are many funding options available for most of our products, including NDIS, JobAccess, MyAgedCare, Enable and some health insurance funds. Complete the following form and our Low Vision Consultant will call you back to discuss further.
Book Your Demo Today
Let us assess your situation and provide advice on the best solution for you.
A cutting-edge, extremely portable Braille computer!
The twenty-first century, take anywhere replacement for the dedicated notetaker, ElBraille combines the power and flexibility of a modern mainstream computer running the Windows 10 operating system with JAWS and a braille display with a full braille keyboard to offer a fully accessible compact computer.
JAWS provides the best screen reader experience with either Eloquence speech output or the highly responsive and life-like Vocalizer Expressive Compact voices as well as full braille output.
Type text into documents or perform JAWS and Windows commands right from the braille display’s keyboard using the JAWS BrailleIn feature.
Run any Windows application such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Outlook. Use FSReader to read DAISY books from sources such as Bookshare.org or browse the internet with microsoft internet explorer or mozilla firefox.
Elbraille also includes a set of specially designed apps for performing popular actions such as the creation of voice or text notes, listening to audio content, and more.
The ElNotes application developed by Elita Group is designed to create, store, and manage text and voice notes on the ElBraille Notetaker.
ElNotes allows a user to quickly create text and voice notes using a set of special keystrokes and then export them to TXT or MP3 files respectively, if needed. These files are saved to a user-specified folder and then are available to be read and listened to using other ElBraille applications.
Key features include:
- Full Windows 10 functionality
- Run Microsoft Word, Outlook or Excel or other windows applications
- Type in Braille in using the Focus 14 keyboard
- Read audio books using FS Reader
- Dedicated app for text and voicenotes
- Dedicated app for listening to audio content.
- Headset jack
- Built in speaker and microphone
- Speech and refreshable braille output
- Dedicated tactile keys for functions such as time, and battery status.
- JAWS already installed as a demo-just activate with your serial number or dongle.
- Connect the Pearl and OpenBook for a scanning/reading solution.
- Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity
- SIM card slot for SMS and internet calls
ElBraille Software specification
OS Microsoft Windows 10
JAWS for Windows Pro screen reading software including high-quality Vocalizer Expressive voices
An application for sending and receiving cell phone calls and SMS messages with built-in 3G modem.
A set of specially designed apps for performing popular actions on one touch (creation of voice/text notes, listening to audio content etc.).
Alternative adjustable system menu than be controlled from the Braille display alone.
ElBraille Hardware specification
Sensors: accelerometer, gyroscope, compass, GPS
3.5 mm headphone jack
Memory card slot supporting SD, SDHC, SDXC up to 256 Gb
Rechargeable 10,000 mAh battery.
More than 20 hours on battery
Powered with an AC adapter (110 to 240 W) or from battery.
ElBraille-14 dimensions: 7.4×4.7×1.5 in (189×118×38 mm)
ElBraille-14 weight: 27 oz. (750 grams) with battery
Software Microsoft Windows 10 operating system.
Supports Microsoft Office 2016, 2013, or 2010.
JAWS for Windows screen reading software including high-quality Vocalizer Expressive voices.
A specially designed self-voiced and self-Brailled emergency menu allows recovery of the device without system reboot or loss of data in case JAWS speech and braille output is interrupted.
Comes with a leather carrying case, a shoulder strap, an AC adaptor.
Buy with confidence as this product comes with a 30 Day Change of Mind Guarantee* (unless otherwise stated in the overview). For more information please see our Returns & Warranty Policy.
Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.
Before any claim on this guarantee is made you must contact us on 1300 883 853.
- Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
- Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition.
- We charge a re-stocking fee of 10% or more for returned goods.
- We do not cover the cost of postage, handling or collection
- Two-Year Warranty
For more information please see our Returns & Warranty Policy.
If you receive your goods and you find that it is not suitable for your needs you must inform our Customer Support Team on 1300 883 853 of your intention to return the goods.
Most of our products have a 30 day money back guarantee from date of invoice excluding software.****
Optical magnifiers and lighting equipment have a 14 day money back guarantee from date of invoice.
- *Products must be returned undamaged and in their original condition. Any software products must be unopened.
- *We charge a re-stocking fee of 10% or more for returned goods.
- *We do not cover the cost of postage, handling or collection.
- *Items that are purchased via a funded sale (DVA, NDIS, MACetc) cannot be returned unless faulty.
A valid receipt is either the original Tax Invoice issued with the product or the Order Confirmation Email.
Service and Repair Information
Quantum RLV offers service and repair of its hardware products.
What you need to do in the event of product failure:
- Please call Quantum RLV on 1300 883 853 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Return the product to us at your expense. ClearViews may be handled onsite at no cost (please ask Customer Service staff)
- Record the a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number that our staff will give you and put this on the package/product
What we will do in the event of a product failure:
- Record the details of your call on our system and give you a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number for tracking purposes
- We will endeavour to repair or replace ClearView onsite
- Email or call you when we receive the faulty product
- Email or call you when the fault has been analysed and solution determined (within 5 - 7 business days)
- Repair or replace the faulty product at our discretion
- Email or call you when product ready for shipping with delivery details
To check the status of your repair, call us on 1300 883 853.
Call our dedicated Software Support Hotline on 1300 791 777, if you are having trouble with your Software.
Write Your Own Review