Training, training, training!
The success of any student with a disability depends on them having the right tools to assist literacy and learning. Obtaining the right tool is often a major challenge.
An equally large challenge is often then getting the training on how to use it and maximise its benefits. Training is just as important for the educators and support staff as for the students themselves. Sometimes this is even more important because older generations often have had less exposure to technology and have had little professional development in its use.
While it can be difficult to obtain funding for technology it is nearly impossible to obtain funding for training. To help educators Quantum offers a comprehensive range of workshops and seminars covering:
- Specific product training on an individual or group basis
- Overview presentations on technology solutions for Low Vision and Blindness
- Seminars on alternate formats, such as DAISY, large print, audio and Braille
- Overview presentations on technology solutions for students with a Learning Disability
- Information sessions for parents
- Awareness training for principals and general education staff
- Presentations to funding sources and social groups (Lions, Rotary etc).
Give us a call to discuss how we can help. Most of these sessions are at no cost and can be tailored to your specific needs and budgets.
Training is critical to success!