Reading my First Book in 40 Years!
This is an extract of an interview between our Jeff Landers (JL) and his client Glenn Siddins (GS). Glenn received a ClearView C Speech funded through the NSW Enable Scheme. The funding application was made by Vision Australia.
- GS. My name is Glen Siddins and I am using a product called the ClearView C Speech, which has helped me a lot in life. Being vision impaired I have a lot of time on my hands and a fair bit of boredom, and this has relieved that. I’ve read a book and I haven’t read a book since I was 26 years old. I’ve finished a book and feel quite proud of myself; thanks to Quantum and Vision Australia.
- JL. So Glen, you haven’t read a book since you were 26. Do you mind revealing how old you are now?
- GS. Well I’m 66.
- JL So you haven’t read a book in 40 years and you’ve just read a book on Victor Trumper the cricketer. Was that exciting?
- GS. Yes it was because he was one of my heroes when I was involved in Blind Cricket, and to read a book about him was very rewarding.
- JL. Could you describe to us how you use the ClearView C Speech; do you use the magnifier more than the speech?
- GS. I probably use the speech more. I try to read as many pages as I can but when I get too tired I just convert to speech and listen to it. It has been really good.
- JL. That is excellent and good to hear that it has stopped you from being bored. Thanks for telling us about your experience with Quantum and the ClearView C Speech.
- GS. And thanks to you, Quantum and Vision Australia.