OrCam MyEye 2.0 Upgrade!
The OrCam development team are powering ahead, and they will soon be releasing an up-date to the OrCam MyEye 2.0 and OrCam MyReader 2.0 which includes some amazing new features. This up-grade is a software only up-grade and we will be sending a notification to all users of OrCam MyEye 2.0 and OrCam MyReader 2.0 as soon as it is ready. New features will include;
1. Bluetooth capability – this will enable Bluetooth enabled hearing aids (or speakers or headphones) to connect directly to OrCam.
2. Speech commands will be introduced. Users can speak and ask;
– Tell Date/Time
– Speak faster/slower
– Read QR Code
3. Improved support for Wi-Fi. OrCam will now help you get connected to Wi-Fi and will prompt the user with questions and advice such as;
– Are you in range of the router?
– The network is down
– Is the router plugged in and connected?
4. Bar-code learning. Create your own labels!
Soon after this up-grade becomes available, OrCam will also be releasing a smartphone app. It will initially be for iOS (Apple) and Android (Samsung and others) will follow. The app will enable control of the settings on the device, control up-grading, and have a FIND ME function (if the OrCam is in range of the phone).