Can I Afford the Vision Aid I Need?
If you needed a hearing aid and were on a pension, the Federal Government would buy you a hearing aid. If you need a Vision Aid, there is no guarantee that you will receive the same support.
Here are some options for people that need financial assistance to purchase the aids they need;
– Quantum now offers an instalment plan via the financial services company Certegy. You need to make a small up-front payment and the balance via instalments. Call us to discuss details.
– State based funding Most states have a funding program for pensioners. The level of support varies.
– If you are under 65 years of age you can apply for the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
– If you are over 65 years of age there is some support available under the MyAgedCare Program. This mainly applies to new entrants, or to people that have a support plan in place with residual funds.
– Some health insurance programs are now offering rebates for the purchase of Vision Aids. The level of support varies between suppliers and between different types of policies.